The park is managed by volunteers and none of us are going to play hall monitor to keep visitors under control. So if you see a dangerous or really troubling situation – just call 911 and ask for South Abington Police to respond. This is a rare event as park visitors are really responsible and act with courtesy. Here are a few norms to consider when at Hillside Park:
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol, use drugs, bring weapons, fight, curse or be annoying to those around you.
- We don’t monitor or patrol the property, so be careful in the woods and near the lake and watch your kids at all times.
- Pets on a leash are welcome, and off-leash in the dog park’s fenced areas. You gotta pick up after your pet.
- When it’s dark out the park is closed with the exception of lighted sports fields or during special events.
- Unoccupied fields and pavilions are available for casual use. All park facilities can be rented or reserved for exclusive use.
- Please use the trash and recycling cans just like it’s your property – cause it is!!!
- PA Fish and Boat Regulations and South Abington ordinances apply.
- If you are having a problem, see a problem or want to avoid a problem just call 911 and ask dispatch to send South Abington Police.
If you have a comment or suggestion please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org